"Where your talents and the needs of the world cross lies your calling." Aristotle
The Bourn is a statement of your purpose, and therefor we cannot tell you what it means. However, if you know your purpose, you'll receive a $99,800 discount code. We can only tell you what the Bourn is and what it is designed to mean. It is an interactive totem of spiritual significance to only you. It is comprised of two pieces of solid brass, a square of leather and the eVr1 Canon written upon a tiny storage device.
Each piece comprising the Bourn has a particular meaning:
- eVr1 Canon - symbolizes the seed kernel of human excellence.
- Brass cap - symbolizes the continuity of human story (circle), the expansive totality of all of existence and the interconnectedness of the entire Universe; it is all that is, was and ever will be.
- Brass screw - symbolizes your unique purpose for being here on this planet at this time. There are three realms of human endeavor: upper, middle and lower. The upper is our connection to spirit, our transcendent principle. It is what we touch when we pray, meditate, and join in sexual union. The middle is where we spend most of our time, embodied in our meat suits, chasing our thoughts, running from emotions and in the melee of human relationships. The middle takes us to work, moves our mouths, feeds and protects us. The lower realm is the realm of purpose and soul. It is the one we neglect most. The brass screw is your Bourn, your duty, your purpose, mission, blessing and essence.
- Cap and screw together - form an enclosure around the seed kernel of your humanness, human excellence itself. Either the circular cap (existence) or screw (your purpose) are incomplete when alone. Existence calls you forth to live a purposeful live, as your purpose must also be an expression of the totality of existence. Together they harmonize and protect the seed kernel of human excellence.
- Leather envelope - is the fabric of society, into which your purpose must fit and become intelligible. After finding your purpose, you must then lead a purpose filled live, aligning your social network, livelihood and lifestyle with your Bourn - that who you are and can only be.
To acquire the Bourn, you must complete this application. Once submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and approved, you will receive a $99,800 discount code, reducing the cost to $200.
What if I don't have a purpose? That's ok, most folks don't know their purpose. However, you do indeed have a purpose, one that is distinctly yours and yours alone. You just haven't yet cleared the path for its revelation. And clearing this path is straight forward if you follow the steps outlined in Tim Kelley's "True Purpose" book and Rod Stryker's "Four Desires" book. True Purpose is a practical, easy to read guidebook that gently guides you through a series of exercises to reveal your purpose. If you're starting from scratch, it is recommended you give yourself one month to work through the exercises in Tim Kelley's book, slotting 20-40 minutes each day to complete it.
It symbolizes your commitment to your purpose and its expression in the world. You can keep it in your pocket as totem like Leonardo DiCaprio did in Inception, on your desk, in your car. The Bourn is purposely designed to be heavy, such that you are consistently reminded to recenter and recommit to your purpose and the whole of the human story. It is your totem, your covenant, binding your purpose to the world soul. Play with it, love it, worship it, space out to it.
"Woven into the fabric of your soul image is a mysterious symbol or them that holds the secret of your life purpose." Bill Plotkin
Further because it contains a 32GB Micro SDHC card, you are able to cut open the seal, download the contents and add your own data to the card, such as your purpose essay, family tree, marital documents, photos, family history, etc. It comes with a reseal kit and instructions. As with all eVr1 products, the Bourn grants you lifetime access to the eVr1 online community of purpose filled humans, password protected access to the eVr1 Canon for downloading.
The Bourn is made from the eVr1 Canon, written upon a 32GB chip, two pieces of solid brass with a 3/4" closure diameter, a envelope of natural vegetable tanned leather (we use scrap whenever possible), a manual and a reseal kit.
It is virtually indestructible. You can run over it with a bulldozer. However, doing so will increase the wear on the finish and likely put a few holes in the leather. Preserve the leather by playing with it, as it will absorb your body oil.